Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Cobbler

Nothing says summer like a fresh berry cobbler. This is our favorite and easy recipe using mixed berries. I used a combination of blackberries, cranberries, raspberries, blueberries, and peaches for this cobbler. Sometimes I just use one kind of fruit like blackberries or peaches.

Line the bottom of your pan with fruit that has been mixed with sugar - to taste. For the batter - mix together 1 stick of margarine, 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 cup milk, 1tsp vanilla. Pour batter over fruit.

In a glass cup - combine 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water - microwave until dissolved. Pour this sugar water over the batter in narrow rows back and forth.

Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

*****Note - I always double the batter mixture because I usually use a large pan for my cobbler. If you are using a 9 inch pan - the single batch of batter will be fine. I do not ever double the sugar water mixture - the single batch is fine even for a large cobbler.












Enjoy with your favorite ice cream. If we don't have homemade ice cream - we like to use the soft serve at McDonalds for our cobblers. Yummm.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THis looks great! Thanks a lot! It's 9:30 and now I have to search for something to eat!!!
M

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try this! Granmunny had one somewhat like this. Frozen storebought berries will work just as well, right?