Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sophie's knitted "Frozen" dress...

This little dress was created for beautiful Sophie, the daughter of a friend. She wanted a special dress to use in their family holiday photos. I'm way late in sharing these photos,( that's just the way my life is rolling right now.)  But I think you will agree, Sophie is a little doll wearing this dress...

 what little girl
doesn't want her own little
"Frozen"
dress?

 (these photo's of Sophie are used with her Mother's permission)


this little dress
was knitted in a size 4
with modifications for added length
 
 my photos were taken
at the home of Sophie's grandmother
using a vintage
1967 International truck
as backdrop...
(serious vintage rusty truck love!!)
 
 the neckline was embellished
with beads and a little snowflake...
 
 a little "photo-bombing"
by the kitties...
 

loving the rust on this old truck!
 

the dress was accented with beaded
fabric patches...

tiny snowflake accents
were randomly sewn onto the dress...

some of the patches
were made from old flannel shirts...

a little I-cord belt
finishes the dress and gathers up
the fullness...

modifications were made to the pattern
allowing for larger armholes and neckline
so that Sophie could wear a little blouse
underneath the dress...


extra length was added
so that Sophie could wear the dress with 
her leggings and boots...
(I added about 6 inches to the knitted length) 
 
 tiny crystals were sewn on to each
 little snowflake..
 
 yarns used...
the light purple yarn used for the bodice
and accent stripes is
Debbie Bliss cashmerino 
 
 the other yarns
are a variety of washable cottons
from my stash...
 
 the dress was adapted
from a pattern in the book
(with modifications as noted above) 
 
 oh to have a sunny day
to bask in the warmth of the sun....
(I'm growing so tired of winter!!) 

Some updates...
With the recent amazing success of our Josephine's children charitable project, and before that.... the Pink Scarf project-- many of you have written to ask me what's next. I never really have a plan, as you know, I just wait for something of quality and compassion to present itself.  And something has....

In the next few weeks, I will be posting about another wonderful charitable project that will appeal to all of you.  An opportunity to use your talents to show compassion to someone in need of a little bit of love. If you can sew,knit,crochet,quilt,paint,.... or if you can raid your craft stash, then you will want to watch for this posting! And of course.... I will have some lovely gifts to share with you as well. Truly it will be an amazing opportunity for everyone to show some love...

just in case you missed my
lovely yarn giveaway...
you can find it here.
You have until March 1 to enter.
 
xoxo,
Vicki
 
ps ---
I would love for you to follow me on 
Facebook or on Instagram...
links are on my sidebar.
I've been sharing some lovely
photos on my Instagram page...


23 comments:

Julia said...

What a sweet little frozen dress this is and Sophie is modeling it so well. She must be so proud to wear this special made for her dress. It's lovely.

I hope that Spring will find us sooner than later. I'm tired of winter too but I can't complain too loud as this winter is much milder than last winter.
Hugs,
JB

Debby said...

Such a beautiful dress for a little cutie. I love the photo shoot for the dress.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a lovely little dress - perfect for such a sweet little girl. She must be so over-the-moon to have a dress with so much 'Frozen' influence. And an amazing photo shot too. Love the rusty backdrop and the photography assistants as well.

DeniseinVA said...

A sweet and adorable girl in her pretty dress. A lovely gift. Nice to see the fur babies in there too. Great photos!

Cache-Mire said...

Vicki, this dress is adorable! Lucky little girl. I am STILL working on the last Minnow Knits dress for my granddaughter but am getting close to finishing and will post the results. I got distracted with hats! Can't wait to see what you are up to next.
Hugs, Terri

Hindustanka said...

Hi Vicki! Long time since I visited your blog.
The dress is adorable! Such a neat work, so beautiful, colors are delightful!!!
I guess that cat liked a lot too :)
Take care!

Anna

Unknown said...

I remember doing the Hat and Scarf for the victims of cancer. Will have to keep my eye out for the next project. I had been out of the blogging scene for awhile but now I am back. Love your colors. Wish I had a Little Frozen Girl.

Dorthe said...

Sophie is such a beautiful girl, Vicki, and adorable in her winter Frozen dress.
You used the colors wonderfully, from the real dress, and it is so very sweet with the snowflakes, and pearls added.
And dear Vicki, as always you found a perfect and unusual place for making the photos, the old car is so wonderful.

I`m sure your new project in helping people in some kind of need, is as well choosed as the other you involved your heart and time into !!
Hug from Dorthe

Amy at love made my home said...

Both dress and gorgeous little girl are adorable! xx

Julie said...

A beautiful dress for a very beautiful young lady.
Sophie's kitty companions are adorable too.

Sue Kosec said...

Perfect dress for such a sweet little girl. I'm sure you made their Christmas!

Oh - and the truck. Can I just say ILOVEITTOPIECES!?!

xo
SuZeQ

kathyinozarks said...

I agree what a lucky little girl-just an adorable dress-it's so beautiful Vicki

Mereknits said...

That dress is so adorable, you have made a treasured gift.
Hugs,
Meredith

Tanya said...

Absolutely precious - I'm sure Sophie was over the moon about it!!! Love you - XOXO

Wildflowerhouse said...

What a beautiful dress for such a lovely little girl.

Quinn said...

What a perfect dress! I especially love the details like the beads along the neckline :)

Lace Age Girl said...

A gorgeous dress, and the cats were great props too!

Suzan said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL dress for a special little girl!! So many special details and especially love the instant necklace with the stitched in beaded necklace!!!
You always do such lovely work!!

Sue said...

You are right Vicki she is a little darling and will have a lot of fun wearing her beautiful dress. It's so lovely to knit with love.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

What an amazing dress and beautiful little girl! The cats are lovely...especially the calico. My brother just had our Dad's 1967 GMC truck restored...it's fabulous!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful dress and photo's !

Unknown said...

A beautiful dress from such a gifted hand. she looks very pretty in it.

A Joyful Chaos said...

What a delightfully lovely dress. I'm sure she must have been very pleased to get it!

Blessings~