Monday, June 27, 2016

Donna's Shabby Treasure Nest...

Another beautiful treasure nest
                   has flown away to a new home...

 This nest was created for Donna,
using her own vintage 
and treasured items...


 Donna sent me a lovely note,
explaining the story behind the pieces
that she choose for her nest...

 with her permission,
I will share this note and her beautiful
stories...

 Hi Vicki,
When I look at my treasure nest I see my 2 loves,
 the love I have for my daughter and my love for all things vintage.
 To begin I will start with the love for my daughter. 
A year ago she was married and had a beautiful vintage wedding 
at the oldest wedding venue in the country Plimoth Plantation.
 I created a vintage wedding lace journal 
that contained a lot of the elements
 I sent you to use in
 my nest. 
~


 The vintage silver filigree pieces, 
clear and silver beaded trim and my parents wedding picture
 were all used in her lace wedding journal.
 It was such a labor of love. 
 There were so many hours spent on that journal,
 it came out beautiful and I loved 
every minute of it. 
 
 The other elements used in the nest 
were from my love of vintage and vintage inspired pieces. 
To see some of the vintage inspired pieces that I made
 incorporated into the nest, 
warms my heart. 
~
 I can look at this nest in years to come 
and see some of my most favorite vintage pieces I collected,
 especially the little beaded handbag.
 I knew that this was the perfect canvas to display such a wonderful trinket.
~
 I find great joy admiring the many beautiful pieces 
I have acquired over the years and I am delighted 
to say this is one I will "treasure" forever. 
 I have this displayed on a glass cake pedestal under a glass dome. 
 A very special place for a very treasured nest! 
Thank you so much.....
Kindest regards,
Donna

 A note from me...
Have you all been as busy as me this summer.  I waited all winter for these warm summer days to be here, counted every minute until spring, and then summer...and now that it is here... its flying by!! I have not stopped.  I think that because we were gone for so much in May, we have been working overtime to catch up since we have returned back home.  Everyday, I work in my flowers.  The Gardener and I both start our days out playing in the dirt every morning -- he in the yard, me on my back deck.  In my next post I will share some of our summertime photos from our home...
xoxo
Vicki 
ps -- OF COURSE I am behind in returning your gracious and kind comments..... I'm all about that this week! 

And lastly -- please remember to check out my post on the Kindness Quilt Project.  It runs for a full year and I am hosting a lovely giveaway for that project as well.  There are ways for EVERYONE to get involved. Donations are already starting to arrive and It's exciting, even at this early point in the project. I will begin taking photos soon... Please do visit and consider being a part of this great project.




My friend Karen Valentine
is once again hosting her incredible
"Where Blogger's Create" blog party.
This is a wonderful way to make new friends
and share your own blogging and crafting talents with others.
I'll be there to share my crafty place,
my "Sacred Yarn Room"...
I hope you will consider joining me there!
It's gonna be great fun!
xoxo



11 comments:

Julie said...

Enjoy the summertime and your garden as nature intended, computer time is always less in the warmer months.
xxx

Dorthe said...

Oh Vicki, your most beautiful nest, surely, have been added special treasured pieces for Donna, to always have, what they represent, in front of her, sitting on your fabulous lovely nest. They are forever beautiful, dear friend.
And summer, going fast....YES it does for me ,too , and maybe because we sold our house, and found another one inside town. So packing is a daily work, for the many coming weeks :-) here.
You and your husband are both so energetic wonderful persons, always, creating beauty, in so many ways. I send you love, and thoughts for all the best and a wonderful summer!!
Hugs,Dorthe

lynn cockrell said...

That is a gorgeous nest, Vicki, and the story behind it is wonderful!

Sue Kosec said...

Just beautiful and I know Donna will treasure that nest forever and ever. Amen!

Your flowers are stunning - wish I could sit for a spell with you on your porch and admire them close up.

DANG ... for the first time in my life, I'm going to have my very own craft room. But not until after the party. Next year, for sure.

Hugs Galore!
xo
SuZeQ

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh my goodness - yet another amazing nest!! I think each one is more incredible than the last. I am absolutely certain your friend must be absolutely thrilled. Try to enjoy your summer - it goes by so quickly.

Amy at love made my home said...

It is a beautiful nest with the most wonderful sentiments behind it and within in. Old treasures made into a new treasure to be cared for in years to come! Enjoy your time in the garden, I need to get into ours too! Everything is growing so fast right now!

Little Wandering Wren said...

This little Wren loves your nests and all the love and care that goes into creating them just like the little birds. It's a beautiful post to hear how Donna has chosen special items for her nest - no wonder you are both thrilled with the results!
Happy Summer
Wren x

Createology said...

This Treasure Nest will certainly become an heirloom. You have created a most beautiful nest of memories. Your flowers are gorgeous and a most wonderful way to begin your day.

Marlynne said...

I'm working on my quilt blocks for the Kindness Quilt Project! Thanks for this worthy project!

Villa-loredana said...

Thanks for sharing this nice nest of memories with us. Loredana.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Wanted to stop by to thank you for taking the time to visit me!!
Hugs,
Deb