Saturday, November 7, 2009

Indian Summer

How wonderful are those rare days of Indian summer? The warmth of the sun, the rustle of the leaves blowing in the wind, and the glow of the autumn colors all around us.


I have been sick with some awful something that has knocked me on my butt for the last several days. Those lingering rays of the autumn sun drew me to an outside respite for the afternoon. Although I actually did more sleeping than knitting, I did make some progress on my latest project.


I am so excited to finally be getting this bulky wrap/scarf on my needles. (I posted about this project earlier.) I have definitely taken on a challenge with this pattern! Stay tuned for more details about this later - (like how I had to practically rewrite the graph because it had so many mistakes!)



The leaf and vine pattern is stunning. I have enjoyed watching it progress. (But not so much today - as there was way more sleeping than knitting!)
I will miss the warmth of the sun in the weeks and months ahead. Today was a blessed opportunity to enjoy this Indian summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to be absolutely gorgeous! You can just "see" how soft it is! I'm going to love this one!
M

Caprice said...

Beautiful! I understand what you mean about the suns warm rays going away! I miss them terribly!

Anonymous said...

This new wrap is already beautiful!!! Are you using Bernat Alpaca??? I made a shawl for Sharon in the charcoal color. I love that yarn!! I hope you are feeling better now. Take care of yourself!!

Jody Hammer