Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Island Memories --(Introducing my "Seraphina" knitted wrap)

She ordered a latte
            and a raspberry peach pastry~

I thought she was beautiful~

 ~not just the beauty
that came from her dark hair
and "tanned from the sun"
features--

her true beauty was in the way
she walked into the 
pastry shop--
~
~head held high,
she was elegant.
perfect posture,
a genuine smile--
~
(I loved her sunglasses)~
sigh~

  for just a brief moment in time--
I wanted to be
 her~

sitting in the sun,
at my own little table~
I found myself staring at her.
(I just couldn't help it)

lightly draped around her shoulders,
she was wearing the most
beautiful wrap~

colorful flowers~
they appeared to be dancing
across the fabric
~when she moved,
they seemed to sway~

 finding an excuse to walk
beside her table,
gave me a closer
look~

~that summer memory was almost 
2 years ago--
a moment, a vision, from the beautiful island of
St. Martin

the impression
 still lingers
~
(I came straight home and put it in my sketchbook)

 I never knew her name~
but to this day,
I still remember that moment in time,
that beautiful wrap~
~
a memory from "Seraphina's"
a most wonderful bakery 
on the island of 
St. Martin.

"Seraphina's" bakery
Marigot, St. Martin
 


  this~
is my beautiful
"Seraphina" knitted wrap
~
a most exquisite knitted design,
an intricate stitch
 accented with colorful flowers
~
each handmade flower is
embellished with tiny seed beads, crystal beads,
and glass beads
~there are hundreds and hundreds
of beads used  to embellish
this stunning design.
 


you can find it here
in my ETSY shop
~
I made it just for you
I only made one-
this is THE only one~
xoxo


Introducing the first of my new
knitted wrap designs
for this 
fall and winter
~
this is the first in my
"Seraphina" series.
~
(there are more lovely wraps
in this series to come a bit later~)



A note from me~
I hope you have been having a wonderful summer. The days of sun and lovely warm days are passing much too quickly for me. Fall is just around the corner, and although I love our beautiful autumn weather here, I am just not ready to let summer go yet! 

I have been working ever so hard on some new and unique designs to share with you this fall and winter. On my needles right now is another beautiful design in this "Seraphina" series.  

I've been taking time to read and enjoy some wonderful books.  Most recently I finished City of Women, and also The Keeper of Secrets -- I truly loved them both. While knitting,knitting, knitting~ I've been watching  some great series on Netflix and Amazon Prime as well~ Selfridges, The Paradise, and now I am watching the Cedar Cove Series. In two lifetimes, I won't ever have the time to watch all the great stuff I have on my lists! (or to knit up my yarn stash -- but I'm sure trying!)

~So many of you have written to me over the past months to ask if I would be hosting another charitable event. Last year's Pink Scarf Project was amazing -- it exceeded anything that I could have ever imagined --, I loved every moment spent on that project and I am so proud of you all for the support that  you gave-- 
(but after it was all said and done --I must admit that it wore me out.) 
 All those photos, all the miles traveled to take the photos, honestly  -- my plan was to take this year off as a much needed break.

But~
God had other plans~~
across the miles, across the waters, across the winds that blow from places so very far away~~
a letter came~



My newest charitable project is coming up next. With the slightest  effort on your part, you can touch a life, change a life, make your heart feel good. (and maybe-- win some incredible gifts!)
I hope you will join me in this very special charity project coming up very soon~

Love,love,love
Vicki

35 comments:

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh SHE is truly beautiful. Nice work and now I want a pastry:) Hug B

Karen B. said...

Oh Vicki ... how beautiful your knitted wrap is! Love it and I will keep a look out for your next post charity project.
Many hugs,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Shirley said...

Your new wrap is absolutely gorgeous all of the detail. The tiny flowers that decorate it. Don't you love how your project comes alive? I know I do. When you start, you wonder about it, but in the end it is like what you wanted. I always enjoy visiting to see what you are up to and of course seeing all of the many beautiful pictures of your adventures. Have a beautiful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Unknown said...

Oh you naughty girl - tempting us like that with a new project and nary a word of what it will be LOLOLOL I can't wait to find out.

Wildflowerhouse said...

This is absolutely beautiful and I so enjoyed your story of its creation. I am playing catch up with your posts and so enjoyed your post on the wonderful farm dinner in the field too.

Terry said...

Hi Vicki!

The wrap is absolutely stunning! I am always jumping for joy when your blog post arrives in my in-box. This post took my breath away with its gorgeousness!

I too love the Cedar Cove series. I love anything Debbie Macomber writes. I am hoping Hallmark makes it available on-demand because I have not caught any of the new shows this summer.

I too am loving the summer! Being a teacher I have the summer off, and I have been knitting away. Happy! Happy! Happy!

Whatever your new charity project is you can count me in. Your projects are always so love-filled.

Have a wonderful day! It is gorgeous here in NJ today!

Love,
Terry

Sara Kate MacFarland said...

Vicki...the wrap is truly exquisite! Can't wait to see the others as they appear.

I know you don't have much time to read, but wanted to recommend "the Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. It fascinated me from beginning to end and had me fantasizing about knitting and crafting projects in colors that were described in the narrative. Every "tent" is so vividly described that I could literally see it. I sure hope it becomes a film! I was so immersed in the fantasy world of the "circus" that I wanted it to never end.

I hope you will find time to read it....and see what it might inspire in your creative muse.
xxoo
Sara

Dorthe said...

Oh my dearest Vicki, you surely touch my heart with your own beautiful,loving and big heart.
I know how much work and hours you put in the last project, and how tired you was, and yet you start another one. This time I dearly hope I can take part!!
And then your Sephrafina shawl,-what a beautiful work of art, -looks like the softest yarn -a field so lovely filled with flowers.
I send you my warm hugs, dear friend, and hope all is well in your world .
Love, Dorthe

maggiegracecreates said...

This is beautiful. And I cannot wait to see what the new project will be.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Your beautiful scarf is on it's way to some lucky person! What pretty little flowers you added. A new project!!!! I can hardly wait!
Deb

Helen"s Hope said...

So beautiful. I can almost feel the softness against my cheek.

Tanna said...

Beautiful design, Vicki!! Inspired by a beautiful memory. Look forward to seeing what you are up to next! blessings ~ tanna

Createology said...

I adore your story and introduction to this beautiful Seraphina knitted wrap. I see it sold very quickly. Congratulations. I shall be staying tuned for the announcement of your newest Charity project. Creative Bliss Dear...

Carmen said...

Sooooooo pretty! (and feminine)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Vicki, absolutely love the satchel. Vintage (as they say) leather sends me to the moon! the wrap is beautiful and the addition of the flowers makes it more so. I just bought some Peruvian cotton yarn...haven't had anything on the needles this summer due to embroidery and pillow cases but my hands were *craving* knitting.
I love that pastry shop; they have the best sweets. There's a little "department" store around the corner and sometimes they have lovely French red stripped kitchen hand towels.

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

Oh, my goodness Vicki, how absolutely exquisite! The way in which you share your story of how you were inspired is absolutely enchanting. I felt like I was stepping into a lovely novel only to discover further on that I was actually reading your true to life experience! You have such a gift for not only creating such gorgeous works of art, but for presenting them in such a heartwarming manner. Thank you for sharing your loveliness - I eagerly wait to see more from your new "Seraphina" series, and to see what you have in mind for your next charity project. Count me in, dear friend!

Julia said...

Vicki, I love how you introduced your new wrap, I could almost see it come to live before my eyes.
You do have a way with words as well as with knitting needles.
Seraphina is a beauty and I love the purse beside it too.

I hope that you'll have a wonderful rest of Summer.
My mouth is watering for pastry now.
Hugs,
JB

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh the shawl is so lovely. I enjoyed the story behind it's making very much. Your blog is always so well written and inspiring. Everything you turn your hand to becomes a work of art. You rock! :)

My thoughts are now back on St. Martin, sitting in the bakery, the sunlight spilling into the room....what a great memory transformed into fiber!

Blessings to you always sweet friend. :)

gigi knits said...

Can just imagine how beautiful the wrap must be just from the story that created it.
Can't wait for the next charity project you are going to support with our help..
xoxo

Julie said...

An enchanting and beautiful creation, so lovingly crafted.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I really don't know how you can actually part with that wrap! If I had made anything half that gorgeous I would be keeping it all to myself, especially when such a touching story goes along with it.

Eugenia Maru http://lulurulitos.blogspot.com said...

Hermoso post.
Si haces otro proyecto bufanda rosada espero participar. El año pasado no alcancé.
Siempre es un placer leerte.
Saludos
Maru

yaya said...

The wrap is so beautiful and the way you "wrapped" it's story was so sweet. Made me want to know more about your inspiration. You should write a book about her! (Just what you need..another project!) Can't wait to hear about your next charity...have a wonderful weekend!

kathyinozarks said...

your wrap is so lovely and I loved your inspiration for this-anxious to read about your new charitable project

Kerry said...

Vicki, your wrap is exquisite ... those dainty flowers complete it so beautifully.
I'm looking forward to your next charity project - it always amazes me how God's plan for us, is so different to what we had imagined for ourselves ... Vicki, you have a heart of gold, and it was a privilege to be part of The Pink Scarf Project, just as it will be, to take part in the next one.

Unknown said...

A classy lady, indeed! I gaze with awe at your wonderful photo's each time I visit, what will the new project hold in store for us all I wonder.
BTW Any chance you & the Gardener will be passing by HHI next March? There's a room with your name on it should you decide to stop off on the way to somewhere more exotic......

Sue Kosec said...

Oh my goodness. The bag, the wrap and those Queen Ann's lace ... just delicious. And the way you painted the picture made me keep on reading. You sure know how to do it, Vicki!

Sooooooooo excited to get this new adventure started, too.

SuZeQ

Kathy said...

Your wrap is stunning! All the work that went into it is incredible. I can't wait to see what you make next.

Anonymous said...

lovely

Cheeky Rose Boutique said...

Love, love, love!! Especially the petite flowers! Blessings, Jan

Tanya said...

You are something, girl!!! Can't wait to "help out" on this newest venture...always thinking of others, you are! The wrap is out of this world, and I see it's already found a loving home - love my own. Happy Saturday to you and the delightful Gardener...XOXOXOXO

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

What gorgeous work you do! And the story to go with it, so heartfelt and beautiful.
I absolutely love visiting here. I hope you are having a wonderful summer!
Andrea

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Such a beautiful shawl! So much detail, so much work. I don't think you can actually ever really take a break when you know there is important work to be done. :) Hugs and blessings, Tammy

Maureen said...

Wow, incredible shawl and beautiful photos Vicki!

Unknown said...

Oh wow such a beautiful shawl! Just beautiful! xoxo Jen