Friday, August 21, 2015

Introducing my summer surprise --- the "BeachComber" nest

One cannot collect all the beautiful shells on the beach.
           One can only collect a few--
                       and they are more beautiful if they are few.  
Anne Morrow Lindbergh 


beautiful shells,...
memories of your favorite 
 walks along the beach..
treasures found~

a sand dollar,
starfish, whelk shells...


 fragments of glass and bits of shell
preserved forever
in a tiny glass jar...


 the glimmer of sunlight
on shells,
newly kissed by the tides~

introducing
the latest in my 
Designer Nest series..
the
"BeachComber" nest
~~
as with all my Designer nests,
the charitable profits are donated 
to a most worthy cause...
~~
the charitable profits
from the sale of these nests
will be donated to our local chapter of
~
this charitable foundation grants
wishes to children with life-threatening illness.

remembrances...
sunlight, waves, 
the tinkle of shells in the surf...


this beautiful "BeachComber" nest
is designed to preserve your most beloved
beach memories.. 

while each nest is a unique creation,
they are all similar in design...
each nest contains a collection of
beach treasures...
whelk shell, tiny white shells, 
starfish, sand dollar,
and a tiny jar
 filled with glass and shells
~~
a beautiful beaded starfish
adorns
 every nest~

perhaps you have
favorite treasures from your walks
along the beach
that you may wish to add
 to these collections~


  tiny fish nets
embellished with treasures from the sea,
just a hint of glitter
to make it all
 sparkle~


 this beautiful nest
has been in creation since
this past winter--
as with all of the nests 
in my Designer series--
the endeavor is
 HUGE!! 
~~
my friend Mary is my
ever faithful assistant --
I could not do this without her help.
We have both worked long and late
to create this beautiful nest for you...
(plus- she lets me boss her around
and never, ever, complains!)
~~
Your nest will arrive
wrapped in beautiful tissue, 
 tied with a stunning, glittered
bird tag,
all created by my friend Sue.
~
from the minute you 
open the box...
you will be
"wowed"! 

there are 24
of these beautiful nests
listed now in my ETSY shop...
~
~ it was my own walks along the beach,
my collections
of treasures found along the shore...
that stirred my longing
to create this
beautiful nest for you...
xoxo,
Vicki 

23 comments:

Karen B. said...

Sweet Vicki,
absolutely stunning as always!
Many hugs and much love,
Karen B. ~ Todolwen

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow is right! And the fact that you made 24 of them is an even bigger WOWSER! Incredible. Hugs and blessings, Tammy

marda said...

As you may remember I had said that since I had one of almost every nest you made
I would no longer purchase one and let others have the opportunity. At least I didn't say "never, ever" since I just purchased one. This is just to beautiful to keep to my word! I had assumed that they had all been reserved so I was beyond
delighted that in fact you must not have taken pre-orders this time. So, thank you again. I love the Make A Wish foundation so I'm very happy to see that it's your
choice for donations this time. Bless you dear heart.

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Dearest Vicki
This must be amongst your most favourite nests - it is for me that is for sure. I so love all the little collections you have gathered from your walks by the sea and along the sea shore. That last image takes my breath away! It sparkles and shines with glimmering light on the sweet shells, glass and all the findings there.
So incredibly beautiful dear friend and you are just the kindest soul to meet some of the wishes of those dearly deserving children.
Bless you and sending love and hugs,
Suzy

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Heck, I'm WOW'd now only seeing photos...the work of your hands and heart is amazing, Vicki.

Julia said...

Your beach comber nests are amazing. You are ever the creative one in whatever you undertake.
Have a beautiful rest of Summer.
Your admirer from Canada.
JB

Unknown said...

Simply lovely...I adore my beach-theme" nest yuo made many years ago! I'm looking at it right now! Hope all is well my friend! ;)

Seawashed said...

Ooohh Vicki your Beachcomber Nests are stunning. Having one of your Shabby Chic all white nests I know just how breathtaking they are. And I can see in ever detail how much love goes into creating them. I fill my nest with my own seashells and I cannot wait to use it in my holiday decor for Christmas this year. I believe the Beachcomber Nest will be possibly your most beloved nest yet. So many people love the sea. xxo Kerrie

Ariadne said...

Oh they are so beautiful. I know Andria our mutual friend would love seeing these too!AriadnefromGreece!

RoseMary Baty-Willcox said...

I love your work.
Was wondering if you ever did a how to for making your nests?
artandsoul57@gmail.com

Anne's Attic - Design said...

Vicki, my heart skipped a beat when I saw your beautiful nests. You really have a beautiful unique gift. Thanks for sharing your gift. Hugs, Jo

Sue Kosec said...

Just stunning! See what I mean about you being the kindest soul I know? Most would just keep the profits - not you ... you donate.

Thank you for mentioning me, too!

Hugs Galore
SuZeQ

Marlynne said...

What treasures! Gorgeous!!

Dorthe said...

My dearest Vicki, theese nests surely takes my breath away, they are wonders from the sea, and from your heart and hands. They are so filled with wonderful finds from your beach walks, and from your amazing collection of yarns.
I do love the glitter which are obvious when visiting the beach ,when the sun finds way to the sand and water ,making it all like millions of little stars- you captured it so beautifully, in your stunning nests ,my friend.
The foundation you support dear Vicki, is a wonderful thing to donate to, and you are the most generous soul, sweet lady !!
Love from Dorthe

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Vicki, these are my most favorite so far of your nests-just fabulous! Love them

Julie said...

An encanting and magical nest of treasures.

Amy at love made my home said...

So beautiful!!!! xx

Gracie Saylor said...

Hi Vicki! I am playing catch up and am so pleased to see your party time post as well as this one, both reflecting lovely creative efforts. I have been galavanting around camping and traveling down and up the West Coast visiting family and friends and getting a bit of stitching done here and there, too :) Blessings to you and yours! xx

Mosaic Magpie said...

Beautiful, love all the interesting bits and bobs you have added....as always a work of heART!
xo,
Deb

Tanya said...

BREATHTAKING, as always. I have learned to expect nothing less from your talented hands and heart, my friend. Will be playing catch up the next few weeks, on reading I missed while gone from blogland. Love to you and your handsome Gardener! XOXOXO

ekewin said...

My nest arrived and it is over the top gorgeous!!! LOVE IT

Wendy Barrett said...

Wow, these nests are really original and pretty! I remember reading that Ann Morrow Lindbergh quote years ago and thought how profound it was. Alas, I never remember it when I am on the beach and wanting EVERY shell!
Your previous post was so joyful - what a worthy cause! It was so nice to see the fruits of all the participant's labours!

gigi knits said...

Love all my nests . Each one has a special meaning.🐚🐚